GUIDELINES AND DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR AFRICAN DIASPORA
ACCESSION OF PASSPORTS/CITIZENSHIP FROM THE GOVERNMENT OF
All applicants for African diaspora accession of citizenship MUST go through a certified local tour operator in Sierra Leone. A list of the certified Tour Operators is published on the following websites: https://ntb.gov.sl/tour–operators
- A letter of request should be addressed to the Government of Sierra Leone through the Monuments and Relics Commission indicating intent on the subject matter. The letter should include your full name as indicated on your passport, current home/street address, phone number and e-mail address.
- Proof of descent to Sierra Leone should be done to prove either Maternal or
Paternal lineage. (Please note that this should be done from either African Ancestry Inc. – africanancestry.com – or any other DNA company that explicitly state maternal or paternal lineage.) A copy of the result kit report and certificate of ancestry must be submitted.
- Live birth certificate and proof of change of name on live birth certificate where applicable.
4. Bio data page of present citizenship passport.
5. References (at least 2): Each applicant must submit a notarized reference letter from a person of high reputation from their State of Residence. (Eg: Personal Lawyers, Primary Care Physician, Banker, Employer or Educational Institution).
6. Each applicant MUST submit a Certified State and Federal Police Report. The Monuments and Relics Commission will do a thorough background check on all applicants.
7. The government will also check the authenticity of the African Ancestry, Inc. Certificate or any other certificate submitted.
- It is mandatory for all applicants to be in Sierra Leone at least 5 days before the slated date for citizenship conferment for finger printing, immigration interviews and other administrative processes. Applicants are also mandated to attend a day’s Heritage/Civic Education and Business/Investment Workshop-organized by the Ministry of Tourism and Cultural Affairs and Monuments and Relics Commission.
All applicants must pay $250 or the prevailing exchange rate in Leones as a fee for the mandatory Heritage/Civic Education and Business Investment Workshop, Reception after Citizenship Conferment Ceremony and facilitation of passport & naming ceremony. Tour Operators are reminded to please include the said fee ($250) in their charges.
9. With the above cleared, a request will be made by Monuments and Relics Commission to the Immigration department for onward passport processing via the Ministry of Tourism and Cultural Affairs.
10 .Conferment of citizenship on those who successfully certify the necessary requirements will be done by
the President of Sierra Leone every April/May and November/December
11. An Oath of allegiance to the country would be done in front of the President during the conferment ceremony.
12. Please direct all inquiries by phone to +23276642401, +23276387711, +23278236151 or by email to
email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST IN RECLAIMING YOUR HERITAGE